Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Here's wishing a day....

It felt great to spread out all of my card making supplies onto my desk this afternoon and just create! I can't remember the last time I didn't clean up after I was done making a card, or carefully choose which supplies I wanted to use so as not to have to put too many things away when I was done using them. Yup, you guessed it, the housewarming party is done, all of our friends have seen the new house, now it's time to just live in it! (pictures from the party to come!) So, here's my card I created using this week's Jen's Sketch for you to try. I realized last week after I hung my new card display board on the wall in the newly painted office that my stash of cards has severely been depleted over the last few months of not having any time to create anything new. My mom's birthday is coming up in a few weeks, so this beauty might go to her, we'll see though.
There are TONS of layers on this card, and lots of yummy patterned papers from my still favorite stack! After I had everything all laid out the way I wanted it, my card just didn't look quite right using Jen's sketch by the book - so, I turned it on it's side, and voila, much better! But with all those layers I needed to add some depth, so I popped my image up a bit to add some nice dimension.
The image and sentiments on the front and inside of the card are all from MFT - 'You Take The Cake' set. I love the way she turned out - I colored in her dress with my new stamp markers, and paper pieced the cake with some coordinating paper. I dug into my coveted Prima flower stash for the green flower, and punched out a pink paper flower for some different texture. The flowers are topped off with a teeny tiny button, that was a pain in my rear to thread with the silver thread I had on hand. But I managed, and all turned out well. And did I mention - half of the paper I used sparkles?!?! LOVE!
Overall, I'm pretty darn happy with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment