Monday, August 9, 2010

A Parisian Bathroom - After!

Ta-Da! Here it is! I have to say, I L-O-V-E this bathroom! If you don't remember what it looked like before the make-over, check it out here. Before, our bathroom was just plain boring, very much like the rest of the rooms in the house. The walls matched the floors, and the vanity just blended right in with everything else. It's amazing what a little splash of color and a few accessories can do to a room!



We got the towels and shower curtain as a wedding gift from my grandparents. Nice cool spa like colors of green, blue, and beige. I found a bathmat at Target that had some of the same colors as the shower curtain. My fav part about this find is that it's reversible. One side is a deep, yummy chocolate brown and blue, the other side is stripes of chocolate brown, blue, white, and beige. I choose side with less emphasis on brown since there isn't a whole lot of brown in our bathroom.



At my wedding shower, my little sister gave me a basket full of yummy soaps she picked up in France while she was studying abroad a few months earlier. They are beautifully stamped on both sides, and are a variety of sents and colors. Each are individually wrapped, and I can't quite bring myself to using any of them for some reason! So as an alternative hand washing soap, I pulled out some of my Bath & Body works soap I had stashed away. Lucky me it matches the room!
I had two small white shelves that were in our powder room in the old house that weren't being used yet, so I installed one over the toilet (the only blank space!). Since we haven't hung our picture shelves in the living room yet, I borrowed some decorations from that to fill this shelf. Two pillar candles, and an eiffel tower we picked in France over our New Years vacation. That's when the accidental theme started....french soaps, Eiffel tower, and then I found my Cross of Camaruge to hang on the wall. BAM! It's a french themed bathroom!

I'm super happy with the way it turned out, and almost wish I could do this theme in our master bath, but I have other ideas for that one!




No comments:

Post a Comment