Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cali and a Card!

I'm a slacker, I know. I haven't been updating my blog, but in my own defence I've been super busy. The DH and I just returned from my annual work conference which was held in San Diego this year. Since the conference will be in San Diego for the next 5 years, we didn't do a whole lot of planning this time. Usually we research the best places to eat dinner, print out some info on happy hour locations, and look up any local tours that are available. This trip we took it easy and did our own on location research for things we might want to do next year. We did end up taking a tour of the Padres stadium, and a trolly tour of the city. Next year we'll most likely walk around Balboa park and visit the zoo.


So here is my card for the week. I once again decided to participate in The Cats Pajamas TCP Tuesday card challenge (except this time I'm actually participating!!). This time it was an inspirational challenge using an image provided by the TCP hostess.

Since I needed a Valentines Day card for the DH, this card gets to serve a dual purpose! The sentiment and the bling came from the $1 bin at Michaels - doesn't everyone just love that bin! The ribbon was left over from our wedding, and most of the paper came from my sister-in-law's donated stack! I debated for about 30 minutes over what else this card needed, but couldn't figure it out. I really wish I had a scallop circle cutter so that I could fancy up that grey circle in the back.

I have two more cards to make before Saturday which means I need to get busy! This weekend should be a good one. We haven't been able to hang out with our neighbors, Brian and Keri, in about three weeks and finally get a chance to this weekend. Brian's birthday was yesterday, so I'm sure some type of celebration will occur on Saturday. I also have a baby shower go attend for Marshall's cousin on Saturday, assuming it doesn't snow in between now and then. The super bowl is on Sunday, which pretty much means the DH and I will chill on the couch by ourselves with some wine and his oh-so-delish buffalo chicken dip! We're not really a football family and will most likely watch the game for the commercials!



No comments:

Post a Comment