Friday, January 22, 2010

Its a crazy life.

Wow - I am feeling like things have started to get a little crazy around here. I'm happy to report that while the hubs and I did drive all the way down to Columbia, SC to pick up the new lady in our lives, she did not in the end come home with us. Happy? you say....yes, happy we wasted an entire Saturday to not accomplish our goal. Instead, the new lady came from Greenville, NC! Man, I never knew this last minute decision to buy a new car would be such a difficult one. The dealership in Columbia wasn't willing to give us what DH and I thought we should get for our trade-in, so we ended up walking out. We weren't being unreasonable with the amount we had in mind, but $5,000 less than what we should have been able to get for the old lady was just ridiculous. Although the hubs thought he had been defeated, he didn't give up until he found us a new car. What a man. Going to Greenville turned out to be an awesome dealership trip, they gave us a great amount on our trade in, and a great price on the new car. I haven't taken any pictures of the new car, but hope to very soon.

In other news - I am officially allergic to a z-pack! YIKES! I've never been allergic to a single thing my entire life, not even the famous NC pollen during the spring. Basically, the hubs and I were sick with colds for pretty much the entire month of December. My cold (not his) decided to grace its presence in January with a lovely hacking cough and a stuffy nose. In came my doc to the rescue! Once I finished the z-pack I felt healthy again...finally. A few days later came a beautiful rash on my face, neck, and shoulders. Thanks z-pack. Even though I look like a 13 year old girl with a horrid case of acne, I am thankful it is cold outside and can wear a scarf around my neck to cover up the lovely rash. ugh.

The hubs and I are preparing for our trip to Cali next week. One of the many benefits of my job includes a semi-annual meeting in a different city. Because it's a work trip, Marshall and I are able to take a vacation for 1/2 the price. I get reimbursed for the hotel room, my plane ticket, meals, and other odds and ends. We just have to pay for the second plane ticket! I haven't done much preparation yet, but I'm hoping to hit up Petco Stadium (even though we're not Padres fans) and maybe Coronado island. My meeting is schedule for San Diego for the next 5 years, so we should have plenty of time to see all that Cali has to offer.

Hopefully this weekend I can share some paper crafting projects with you, after all that is one of the main reasons I started this blog. But for now, a pretty picture of the DH and I on our recent trip to France!!













No comments:

Post a Comment