Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm back with a cute card!!!

I know it's been a while, but I'm back without any further delay (hopefully)!! Let's get to the good stuff first! Here's the first card created in the new house!!! Made for a friend of mine who is probably my biggest supporter on this card making hobby of mine!! I used the Mojo Monday sketch challenge because lets face it, after taking an almost 3 week break from making cards, I needed to just jump right back into card challenges. And what a way to start!!! I found some cute buttons in Michael's the other day, and knew I had to use them right away. I also used some new (to me) stamp pens on the baby carriage to mix things up a bit. Eventually I'll invest in some Copic markers so I can start coloring my images in, but for now I'll play with my new pens!

I also decorated the inside of the card, and actually took a picture of it!! Amazing!! The image and sentiment are popped up on some foam 3-d dots so the card wouldn't look so flat.

The DH and I have had a pretty busy week, and haven't made as much progress on the house as we'd like to, but it's coming along quite well. Spring baseball ended this week in the semi-final round of the championship game. The boys played a good game, and lost by only one run. Bummer. But fall ball is just around the corner, and we still have plenty of Durham Bulls games to attend, so all hope is not lost.
We're still planning on having a 'house warming'/4th of July party this year, so we'll be working our butts off the next few weeks unpacking those final random boxes, and painting some more rooms. Yup, you read that right, more rooms implying I've already started painting!!! Stay tuned for a post in my painting adventures in the new house, and the fun I had while the DH was out of town!

No comments:

Post a Comment