Thursday, September 30, 2010

Early Bird birthday

I'm about a month ahead in making this card, but I figured being ahead of the game isn't so bad. I did however use two challenges this time!! I used this weeks Mojo Monday sketch and last weeks TCP Tuesday color challenge!! I'm in love with this new paper pack I picked up a few weeks ago, much like I was in love with the Citrus paper pack this summer. My sentiment is from my favorite birthday stamp pack from My Favorite Things. Sometime when I first started making cards I picked up a pack of birthday brad's and haven't used very many of them. Not sure if the purple present brad I used flows with the rest of the card but I took a risk and went for it.

I punched out a whole bunch of flowers using two different punches with coordinating paper, and stacked four flowers on top of each other. I bent some of the petals up to give the card a little dimension and interest. Once again my ribbon bow wasn't playing nice so I ended up with just a simple knot...which still didn't behave the way I wanted it to. But it was late and I still had laundry to do so I gave it up. Maybe next time my ribbon and I will get on the same page.

1 comment:

  1. this is very pretty, just adore all the dimension, I just love it and also want to wish you a Happy World Card Making Day from Papercraft Star! We'd love to have you enter some of your talented projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and there is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete