Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reality Check

This past weekend was a dramatic one to say the least. Marshall and I broke up with a not-so-good friend (it was a very long time coming), and then suddenly lost a very close friend. The breaking-up part is actually a great thing, the guy is a douche; it's the death of a wonderful and caring person that has me feeling a bit depressed this week. Our dear friend Charlie Campbell passed away suddenly Sunday night from an aneurysm at the young age of 55. He leaves behind the love of his life, and two beautiful children Marshall and I have become close with. The funeral is tomorrow, and I'm not sure we'll be able to hold our composure during the services.

This week has been very tough on the two of us, but it's also shown me how lucky I am to have such a wonderful and caring husband. This week Marshall has spent a considerable amount of time setting up a trust fund for Charlie's two children. Something no one asked him to do, but something we're quickly realizing how important it's impact will be on the family. I keep thinking about Charlie's wife this week, and how crushed she must feel to have the love of her life ripped away so suddenly. It just isn't fair. I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around it. It makes me want to hug and kiss and embrace my husband every second of every day, and tell him how much I love and appreciate him. It's a huge reality check, that life is precious and sometimes too short. So, to all of my friends and family, something I should say more often: You all are awesome, and I love you!

Charlie Campbell - you will be missed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment