Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Belated Mother's Day card...

Yes I know, Mother's day was a few weeks ago. But things just got too crazy that I didn't have time to share all of the cards I made. I think I hit a new personal record - 7 cards in one week. Yikes! Here's the card that I gave to my wonderful mother on Mother's Day!


This Mother's Day my sister and I took my mom out for lunch, then spent a few hours doing something we haven't done in years. We drove on down the road a bit to a local farm to pick strawberries!!! I think the last time my mom and I went to pick strawberries was when I was in high school which seems like a lifetime ago! The weather was perfect, the company was perfect; all in all it was a great start to Mother's Day! After my mom and I parted ways for the day, the DH and I had a few hours to relax some before dinner with his family at Bonefish.

Enough about the day, how about the card!! I used an old Mojo Monday sketch for this card, Mojo Monday Week #137.
Well, the sketch wasn't old when I created the card - I just never had time to submit my card for the challenge. Either way I had fun creating it! If the paper looks familiar to you, it's because it should. I swear I own more paper than my DCWV Citrus Stack I just can't seem to tear myself away from it lately.

And did anyone notice - no stamps!! I certainly didn't do this on purpose, but I can't bring myself to buying any mother's day stamps when I know I'll only use them once a year. So I did a little throw-back to a year ago when I first started making cards - I bought some dimensional stickers from Michaels that included at least three sentiments I could use for the three Mother's Day cards I needed to make. Back in the day when I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy/continue to make cards I would just buy a few dimensional stickers only for the current card I was making. My how times have changed. Now I like to think my stamp stash is sufficient for pretty much most occasions with birthday and thank you stamps in the overflowing category.

No comments:

Post a Comment