Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Nurses Week Thank You

Man - I'm on a card making roll this week!! Check this one out I made using the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #67 over on The Sweetest Thing blog!
I l.o.v.e. this sketch! It's so simple and clean, just my style! And I LOVE the paper I used for this card - can you tell lately I've been a little obsessed with it? Both of the patterned papers came from my DCWV Citrus Stack, and the sentiment is out of the Essential Sentiments stamp pack from My Favorite Things. Probably one of the best stamp purchases I've made since it includes so many different sentiments you can use for so many different occasions! Did you notice I stamped my sentiment on top of a pattered paper instead of white cardstock? I was feeling a bit wild and wanted to break the rules a little - I loved every minute of it! I also added three Prima Flowers I've been hording (I bought one canister of Prima Flowers a year ago and still have a few left!!!).

Anyways - no this Thank You card isn't part of my thank you card parade, but rather for Nurses Week! For those of you that don't know, I run all of the Clinical Trials at UNC for the Gynecologic Oncology department. I really love my job - finally!! Because I enroll cancer patients onto clinical trials that best suit their treatment needs, I work very closely with 4 wonderful nurses who I couldn't do my job without! This is the second year I've made cards for them as part of a thank you gift. Unfortunately, I only found out yesterday that Nurses Week starts today - Yikes!! As soon as I got home from work yesterday I immediately started making thank you cards. I only had time to finish one and start a second since I had to greet my little sister at the airport yesterday afternoon, so expect a few more posts from me before the week is up sharing the last three. (I also have two more Mother's Day cards to make before Sunday....maybe I'll just do one super post sharing all 5!)


1 comment: