Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Pregnancy!!

I made this card a few weeks back to give to an out of town friend who is expecting her second child. Well, she's actually the sister of one of my best friends if you want to get all technical about it!
I L-O-V-E this card! It was my first time using buttons, so I learned a few things as I went along. The tiny button attached to the image was just stuck on with double sided tape; the larger button I somehow figured out how to tie it to the orange/white ribbon. Next time I'll pull out the glue gun when I get all daring and use a few buttons again - but at the time of this card's creation the glue gun was packed away already.

And - get a load of that cute stamp I used!! It's probably my favorite baby themed stamp I currently own. Gotta love the cute baby bump! I did some paper-piecing with the image to match one of the patterned papers I used. All of the patterned paper came from my DCWV Citrus Stack (I'm obsessed). I also decorated the inside again, but I always seem to forget to take pictures of the inside. Oh well.

House news - This weekend is our official packing weekend and next weekend is our official move date (yay!). Because the next few weeks will be so busy I don't anticipate that I'll find much time for the dear old blog. I certainly don't want my blog to start collecting dust and cobwebs so I've scheduled a few posts for next week sharing some cards I created before all of my supplies were packed up. Hopefully once we're all settled into the house I'll be able to share some pictures of the moving adventure. I also anticipate you'll be reading some different types of posts in the near future. I have a few projects planned already that I can't wait to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment